Membership Terms & Conditions
Membership Terms & Conditions
Membership is subject to The BeautyBox’s terms and conditions.
Please print a copy for your records. If you decide you do not agree with the terms and conditions, please cancel your direct debit instruction BEFORE your first payment is taken.
1. ‘The Company’ is BeautyBox, also referred to in the agreement as ‘PartyBox’, ‘we’ and ‘us’.
2. If you have purchased club membership for yourself, you are referred to in the agreement as ‘you’ or ‘the member’.
3. If you have purchased membership as a gift, terms relating to payment are applicable to the purchaser. Terms relating to membership and services are applicable to the member who is referred to as ‘you’ or ‘the member’.
1. This Agreement is governed by the law of England and Wales. You should print a copy of this Agreement for future reference and a copy will be emailed to you following purchase.
2. The membership agreement is for an initial 3 months followed by auto renewal on a monthly basis thereafter , with 30 days notice required should you wish to terminate (subject to terms under the heading “Cancellation”).
3. If any of the terms of this Agreement are invalid, unenforceable or illegal the remaining terms can still be enforced.
4. We may make reasonable changes to the Membership Agreement terms and conditions at any time.
5. We will send you an email confirmation of these terms using the email address you used when you joined.
6. Membership is open to all customers over the age of 18. You must have access to an email account and provide us with the email address.
7. Appointment Cancellation and No Shows – your appointments are very important to us at The BeautyBox. We hold your appointment time just for you and ask that if you must cancel or reschedule any appointment, you please provide us with 48 hours notice. As a member, this notice is reduced to 24 hours giving you further benefits of being a member.
8. For late cancellations/changes or no shows, we will deduct the minutes of your appointment from your membership. Alternatively, you can pay 50% of the service fee of the appointment.
9. Member Clients who cancel within 24 hours or no show three times will no longer be eligible for the membership programme and be required to pay in full for the appointment at the time of booking. We appreciate your understanding.
10. The Company reserves the right to restrict the number of memberships available without notice or explanation.
11. Additional services (for example waxing) and products over and above your annual entitlement will be charged at the current tariff or list price and do not form part of this agreement.
12. All included products will be drawn from those brands and lines normally stocked in the salon. Included products are of regular retail size.
13. It is your responsibility to ensure that each appointment is booked in good time. If no treatment is booked for your monthly allocation you will forfeit treatment for that month. Treatments cannot be carried over into the following month without prior arrangement.
1. Membership is not transferable and entitlement to inclusive services and products is restricted to the Member.
2. Attempting to book services on behalf of someone else will bring this agreement to an immediate end and a penalty of £200 becomes immediately payable.
3. Membership fees cannot be redeemed for other services offered at The BeautyBox; however members do receive a 10% discount on products and any other services.
4. Referral Programme – Members are eligible to receive a £10 bonus for each client they refer who books a full set. This bonus will be applied to the following months membership fee. (eg a referral received in September will reduce Octobers membership fee by £10).
5. Additional Promotions – Unless otherwise indicated, additional discounts are not applicable to membership services.
6. Additional infill time – after using up your allotted infill time in a given month, you are welcome to book additional infill time. Simply book as normal and we will apply your 10% membership discount.
7. A reduced cancellation notice period of 24 hours.
8. You can book your appointment up to 6 calendar months ahead.
1. By purchasing the monthly payment option you are agreeing to the terms of this membership agreement. A copy of these terms will be emailed to you following your purchase.
2. Payments are due monthly and will be collected by Direct Debit on or close to the 28th of each calendar month. You agree to maintain a direct debit instruction with your bank for the amount due. Please do not cancel your Direct Debit instruction without contacting us first.
3. If your Bank fails to make a direct debit payment from your account when due The BeautyBox will write or email to advise you of this. An administration fee of £20 will be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
4. If you cancel your Direct Debit instruction without giving us notice of cancellation (see “Cancellation” below) or making a new Direct Debit instruction an administration fee of £20 will be charged for each failed direct debit payment.
5. If you fail to make an overdue payment within 14 days you agree that:
a) The full outstanding amount for your 3 month membership shall be immediately due
b) We may use you Direct Debit mandate to recover the full outstanding amount. You will in these circumstances have the option to instead cancel your membership in line with the terms of this agreement under the heading “Cancellation”.
6. Should the Company be obliged to institute legal proceedings against the Member arising from breach of the terms of this Membership Agreement, including but in no way limited to their failure to pay any amount due by the due date, the Member acknowledges that they shall be liable for all tracing fees, collection commission and legal costs as may be allowed by the Court.
7. 7. The Company may disclose personal particulars contained in the Membership Agreement to a credit reference agency or any other party necessary in obtaining settlement of arrears.
8. Payments by installments are due regardless of your salon usage. In the event of a payment default use of salon services will be denied until the shortfall has been made up.
1. You will be contacted by email before the expiration of current membership, detailing the ruling rate at which membership can be renewed.
2. Unless you give, 30 days before expiration of the current membership, the Company written registered notice terminating membership the Member agrees that membership shall automatically be renewed for a further 3 months at the same level and under the same terms.
3. In the event a level of membership is discontinued we will renew your membership on the closest equivalent level. If you choose to communicate your cancellation by email we strongly recommend calling on 0208 590 6740 option 5 to confirm receipt.
4. In case of dispute the onus is on you to show that you terminated membership in accordance with these terms.
Members have a 30 day cooling off period. If you have had the benefit of any services or products in the first 30 days you must pay the difference between your monthly membership payment and the total charge or list price of the products and services.
If you have had no products or service we will refund your first payment in full.
Members can cancel their membership with 30 day advanced written notice without reason after the first 3 months (Minimum membership term is 3 months). If cancelled before this time:
a) You must pay the difference between your monthly membership payments and the total tariff or list price of any products and services you have had the benefit of. We will include in this total any appointments you have failed to turn up for or cancelled with less than 24 hours notice.
We reserve the right to cancel your membership without notice or giving any reason. No refund will be made for past membership fees though we will refund the current month’s fee if you have not had the benefit of any service or products during the current month.
A Force Majeure Event is defined as an event beyond the reasonable control of Equilibrium. These could include but are not limited to industrial disputes (whether involving Equilibrium or any other party), failure of a utility service or transport network, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, breakdown of plant or machinery, fire, flood, storm or default of suppliers or subcontractors.
We shall not be liable to you as a result of any failure to perform our obligations under this agreement as a result of a Force Majeure Event.